Tuesday, May 21, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZANNE !!!

Today is a very dear friend of mine's birthday, so I'd like to showcase a card I made for her birthday. Suzanne is one of those people who goes above and beyond for friends, family, community, and customers. I am not a card maker per say, but thought this would be a great one to make.


My dear friend Suzanne, owner of FlamingoScraps.com





 


The card is made from two sheets of swirl embossed Tim Hotz grungeboard that are fastened together with two TH grnge hinges. I sprayed the grunge BEFORE I hinged it with Maya Road Maya Mists Gold, let it dry, then used TH paints (can't tell you the exact color green b/c paint is on the name. lol) than I gently blotted onto the gold. I also did the inside.
 
The yellow trim in Maya Road Burlap Trim in lemon, the CB letters are Maya Road lowercase, painted with TH paints,as is the Maya Road Love Mini hearts, and the cherub is Fab Scraps. I also used TH paint on the cherub, with crystal Stickles on the wings.
 
I wish I could take credit for making the adorable flamingo on the aqua colored heart, but alas, it is actually an earring that I have had since 1981. LOL ! I KNEW I'd need it for something. Now I have one left for another project.
 
That's it this blog post. You can buy most of the items used here at FlamingoScraps.com and once you've paid a visit to the store, be sure to follow the blog and sign up for the newsletter as well for specials and sales. You'll be glad you did !!


No comments:

Post a Comment